[ubuntu-uk] Online Discussion Forum - To be or not to be?

"tedsmith28@yahoo.co.uk" tedsmith at f3.org.uk
Mon Oct 9 17:37:04 BST 2006

Hi

I realise it was spoken about some week ago, but I really do feel that
perhaps we should re-visit the possibility of an online discussion forum. A
simple website, with nothing more than a discussion forum if we want. It
doesn't have to be anything major. I could rattle one up in a weekend for us
if people were interested. I know we had the big CMS debate some time back,
but I think that was not directly related, or was it?

Personally, I prefer discussion forum layout much more than these e-mail
distributions which often I find difficult to read.

I also rent a VPS (Virtual Private Server) that all my websites are on
(www.f3.org.uk, www.lost-doggies.com etc)  so it wouldn't cost much really.
I wouldn't charge for the additional VPS space (although I'd accept
donations of course). So the only real cost would be the hiring of the
domain name. If we use something like 'ubuntuUK.com' or 'ubuntuuk.org' they
are all free and cost about £20 for two years. We could buy all the major
one's for about £100.

Thoughts, views?

Ted