[ubuntu-uk] Versions (was release party)

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Mon Oct 9 01:44:57 BST 2006

Adam Bagnall wrote:
> Edgy release party? Why do you think they're putting on the Linuxworld
> Expo? It's one big party and everyone's invited :-)

Can somebody explain to me exactly how Edgy and Dapper are meant to
interact? This "Long Term Support" thing confuses me...

Say somebody comes to me in December and says "I have been told Ubuntu
is the distro I should use... tell me about it" I should, I believe,
point them at Dapper, yes?! Because that's the LTS version.

Edgy is just for folks who want cutting edge excitement?

Or have I got that wrong?

Sean