[ubuntu-uk] Bootup screen

Matthew Saunders me3ohm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 22:42:22 BST 2006

Thats cool Alan!   It's amazing all the tips and tricks that can be learnt.

> It was interesting to see that everyone has their favourite editor; I
> used gedit. I could, of course, have used kate!

I do most of my editing in pico, and sometimes in gedit.  I amaze the
Windows guys at work because they watch me write scrips in pico rather
than a gui editor.  I find the gui gets in the way, but thats just me!

My boss uses ed, which is an interesting program that edits files
using regular expressions but doesn't show the lines in the file
unless you ask it to and is rather beyond me.  I just watch with
amazement....

Matthew