[ubuntu-uk] TV card (was: no subject)

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Sat Oct 7 12:08:34 BST 2006

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, STONE COLD wrote:
> Ok People im still trying to get my MSI tv Anywhere plus to card to work
> with KDETV. Its connected through a Cable box. Ive tried the scanning
> options but nothing seems to ok..any ideas?

So, there's your options:

 TV card[PAL TV]    -> directly to analogue cable feed
 TV card[S-video]   -> S-video -> cable-box -> analogue cable feed
 TV card[Composite] -> composite/scart -> cable-box -> analogue cable feed
 TV card[PAL TV]    -> coax "aerial" cable -> cable-box -> analogue cable

Depending on which of those setups you have, you'll need to setup the card
to select between one of the tree input types listened in [square brackets].

If you're shoving the NTL cable-feed directly into the TV card, then you'll
get a combination of viewable and "scrambled" channels.  Each scrambled
channel has the actual scan-lines 'rotated' so it won't be that watchable.

If you're using the last of the four options---a coaxial aerial cable
between the cable box and your computer; then you'll need to tune the TV
card to Channel 35, or whatever frequency the cable box is configured to
output on.

	-Paul
--
High on a tall bridge, surrounded by noisy lorries.  London, GB