[ubuntu-uk] Linux World Planning Update 6th October 2006.

Nicholas Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Thu Oct 5 20:50:08 BST 2006

One Place, One Disk , One Choice  . Ubuntu .
Hi Guys

Sorry for the lack of update last week but I had hoped by now to have
received the details for the stand but between Brian and Turretgroup
clearly everyone is working like the Elves  on the 23rd of December to
get the show together. So in the meanwhile what news is there.

Volunteers and Booth coverage

We have now about 10 people involved which may seem like overkill until
you realise that this means we can cover the booth and allow people the
chance to have a little freedoms such as only having to be avilalable
for half the day so THANK YOU all whom volunteered youve all help to
divide up the work. Thanks again .

Stuff to have show in the Booth
I'll break down the end hardware and software list next week but it is
clear that we will have plenty of choices and plenty of kit to work from
.. but .. well we havent got there yet.
I have the conference kit in now and it contained 4 White Ubuntu
T-Shirts... To be honest Im not planning on wearing a tshirt ( something
about bellies and white shirts ! ) Ill be in a black polo shirt with the
ubuntu logo on it and I really will get my arse into gear to get the
orders in from everyone.

Stuff to talk about at the show.
Alan Pope and I are working on a couple of threads but I had a great
talk with Steve George at Canonical today and Its given me some good
focus and ideas on what we can say that will set us apart from the other
Distro teams.

Setting up

Okay so this is going to be my focus next week and my number one concern
is .... where to get a good curry in that part of london on the day ....
suggestions people !

The Booth

Yes we still dont know what we have or where it is or if there are tables !

Ive updated the Wiki https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/LinuxWorldLondon2006
so go read this and planning to get the other data.

Thanks for reading...

Nik