[ubuntu-uk] 6.10 beta released, anybody being brave?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Oct 2 23:23:16 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 04:04:17PM +0100, David M wrote:
> I see the beta release of 6.10 is now available.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/news/EdgyBeta
>
> Is anybody being brave and giving it a go? ;-)

Been running it on a little HP 1GHz celeron for a while now. Every so often
something breaks (and I file a report here and there if it's not already
reported :) ), but it's quite sound.

I also bought a new PC which is running Edgy veeeery nicely :)

http://gallery.popey.com/gallery/misc/dsc02499

And is running beryl too:-

http://gallery.popey.com/gallery/screenshots/Screenshot_002

In utterly nuts 3360x1050-o-vision :)

(Note gratuitous use of 3d to enhance my irssi usage :)

> If there are any particular "oohs" and "aahs", or even upgrading "uh-ohs"
> to report, it'd be interesting to hear of them.

I do have a couple of issues with my cpu/mobo (bug 53910) and my sound card
isn't supported yet (bug 63352). I'll happily buy beer or 4 at LWE for a dev
who takes a hearty stab at that second one! :D

I'll probably wipe one of my laptops and put edgy/beryl/other eyecandy on it
for LWE so the people who like pretty things can have something to gawp at.

Cheers,
Al.