[ubuntu-uk] Bug Filing (Was: 6.10 beta released, anybody being brave?)

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 20:36:43 BST 2006

On 02/10/06, Paul Sladen <ubuntu at paul.sladen.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Stephen Garton wrote:

> > The only problems I have had with running it is Xchat crashes on the
> > laptop every time I try to exit.
>
> Please file a bug!

Life is a bit hectic at the moment, if and when I can work out what it
is in a bit more detail, as I appreciate a bug report saying 'Xchat
crashes on exiting' isn't a lot of use ;)

> > I have also have issues with AIGLX/Beryl on the laptop,
>
> Please file a bug report!

I've tried discussing it with [some of the] Beryl team (it is the
Beryl, not AIGLX in edgy that is causing the issue)

> > Saying that though, not one of the installs (all have been
> > dist-upgrades from dapper) has 'worked'. They all managed to b0rk at
> > trying to update things (mainly Xorg).
>
> This is really important that it gets filed.  Unless the upgrade issue is
> reported it won't be tracked down and fixed before release:
>
>   https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+filebug
>
>         -Paul

I'll give you this one ;), but some advice on where to file it
wouldn't go amiss... Update-manager? Apt? Xorg? Basically, I always
end up having to uninstall libgl1-mesa manually (which then removes a
load of things, including xorg and all the things that depend on it),
then an apt-get install ubuntu-desktop will run.

Cheers,
--
Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk