[ubuntu-uk] GTK and C

Pat evilcorporation at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 02:16:10 GMT 2006

On 20/11/06, Pete Ryland <pdr at pdr.cx> wrote:
> Well, let me know if you need any pointers, although I'm sure you've
> already found plenty of good sources of information on t'internet
> already.

Thanks - that would be appreciated, and I'll take you up on it, if that's OK.

I've been looking at the GNU autotools to set up the configure & make
of my current pet project and it's making my ears bleed.

The only requirements I've got are sockets, unistd and posix threads.
I have three source files + headers & my compile command fits onto a
single line - hence the use of shellscripts to do the compilation thus
far.

Now, when I play with autotools, I end up with a directory full of
dozens of bewildering configuration files. It all seems like overkill
for a project of this size. I'm left wondering if it's worth the
learning curve or should I just hand code a makefile.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be well received!

thanks,

Pat