[ubuntu-uk] Kubuntu Screencast

Tez binary_y2k2 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 07:06:47 GMT 2006

Ok, I gave this whole screencast thing a go, it's on upgrading packages, like Alans last one, but for Kubuntu.
It's not what you'd call in-depth but  I tried to cover the same stuff Alan went over in his one.
It's about 7 mins long and covers the Adept updater and Adept package manager,
which was fun because I actually use Synaptic and update-notifier as I severely hate Adept :-P .
Before you look at it, just remember I'm not popey, I'm a guy from B'ham so I don't have "The voice of the balls".

The screencast is on google:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5676029952918957384
But I think the quality is crappy poor in the flash version but the download version isn't too bad, just a bit blurry.

It's also on archive.org but doesn't seem to be live yet, so here's a tinyurl'd link to the ogg file:
http://tinyurl.com/y35p86/20061111_installing_updates_kubuntu.ogg (15 MB)

Let me know what you think of it, but don't be to harsh :-D

Tez