[ubuntu-uk] UKTeam Approval

Nik Butler nik at reducedhackers.com
Sun Nov 12 21:28:25 GMT 2006

As you may be aware the time is running out for us to get our Approval
Application in to the Community Council for the 17th [ Assuming I was
reading the Calendar correct ] . Now we need to get this Application in
at least 3 days before 17th , so lets call this the 14th.To speed this
process along, and I apologise for the lateness of the posting here, Id
like to suggest that we use the 13th as a day to consider what we can
contribute to the Application and how you can add you own special sauce
to that mix (read below ) ! Further I will be online from 9:30pm till
10.30pm tommorow Evening on the IRC channel mentioned on our main wiki
page (  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam ) , Alan Pope has already
provided a great howto on joining our IRC Channel (  Alan ! I couldnt
find it on Google, sorry mate   ) , and Im usually online during the day
at some point ( just look for LoudMouthMan ) .  Did I miss anything ?

Um thats it, sorry for the short notice !

Cheers
Nik

Linkeee:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ApprovalApplication
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto

      Becoming an Approved Team

Ubuntu LoCo <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCo> teams fall into two
approximate categories:

    *

      /New Teams/ - these are teams that are in the process of getting
      started and have not yet been officially approved as an Ubuntu
      LoCo <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCo> team.

    *

      /Approved Teams/ - an approved team is a team that is up and
      running, has each of the required resources in operation and the
      team is working well. When you become an approved team, it will
      make you eligible for certain benefits such as marketing
      materials, discounts or possibilities. An approved team is also
      considered officially by the Ubuntu project.

To become approved you should first decide upon a team contact for the
team. This person will act as a point of contact between the team and
the rest of the Ubuntu project. This person does not necessarily need to
be a leader, but just someone who is happy to act as a point of contact
for the team. For more details on becoming a team contact, see the
LoCoTeamContact <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamContact> page.
Importantly, the contact should become a member of the [WWW]
loco-contacts mailing list
<http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/loco-contacts>. Check the
ideas and good-practice information from other teams, on the
LoCoTeamRunning <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamRunning> page.

To get approved, see LoCoGettingApproved
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved> and also see the Approval
Process questions in the FAQ <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoFAQ>.