[ubuntu-uk] Thursday night movie

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Nov 10 22:53:36 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:06:37PM +0000, Andy wrote:
> I think Al said something about making a webpage with the links on
> them at some point, when that page exists you can right click on it in
> FireFox.

Correct. It's done. http://quickones.org/

Click the title of one you want to download (or the read more link) then you can right click any
video and download it.

I'm in the middle of migratnig the videos off my server and onto some free hosting. I'll leave a
copy of the ones I've already uploaded to my server there for now because the mails in this
mailing lists archive point directly to them. Once I have the hosting all setup okay I'll use
apache redirects to send people to the right place.

> I now have qemu with kqemu working, or at least I assume acceleration
> is working because its a lot faster now.not sure how to record
> something from it but I will figure it out. (of course I haven't got
> around to setting up networking on the VM, but  for now I am just
> highly impressed that I have actually managed to get a Virtual Machine
> running (with quite a bit of help, thanks al!)

Excellent. I started typing up the whole "how do I do this thing called screencasting" on the
train on the way home. It's a massive document, and not finished yet. Should finish over the
weekend.

Cheers,
Al.