[ubuntu-uk] un subscribe

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 20:03:25 GMT 2006

On 10/11/06, Sean Miller <sean at seanmiller.net> wrote:
> richard merrix wrote:
> > hi, i dont wanna do this n e more as i only want emails from my
> > friends can i please unsubscibe
> Is there a technical issue with unsubscribing?
>
> Has "yer man with the top posts" finally made it away or is he still
> fuming in the corner too?  He seemed to suggest he kept trying to leave
> the list but remained on it.

I'm imagining maybe a lot of people sign up without really knowing how
it works & then regret it when they get all the mail (which is a good
thing, it's an active list).  Perhaps this is another argument for a
forum mirror.

It might be helpful if, when someone posts asking how to be removed,
we went to the list url and sent the unsubscribe notification.  I did
this in this case & the previous one (although I should probably have
sent an email to the list to say this).  Saves a lot of "go here to
unsubscribe"  "do this" "do this" emails.

If someone wants gone, let's help them get gone asap.

Martin