[ubuntu-uk] Slide Shows.

Stephen Garton sheepeatingtaz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 15:12:39 GMT 2006

> Keith Powell wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply. Further explanation:
> >
> > I want something more sophisticated that just photographs on a CD which
> > I select as necessary. I want to start the slide show and the slides
> > change automatically every few seconds. Perhaps with music as well.

Although it was faffy, I have done it this way in the past:

I used picasa (from google - http://picasa.google.com/) to create a
nice video slideshow. Then I used Avidemux (from repositories) to add
an audio track (which I got from Jamendo -
http://www.jamendo.com/en/). I then used ffmpeg (from repositories) to
convert it to a DVD Standard mpeg2 file, and finally DVDStyler
(http://dvdstyler.sourceforge.net/) to create & burn the DVD image.

If you are wanting to go down this route, and believe me it is faffy,
and there may well be easier ways, let me know and I can go into more
detail about the process!

--
Steve Garton
http://www.sheepeatingtaz.co.uk