[ubuntu-uk] Thursday night movie

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Nov 10 15:04:16 GMT 2006

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 01:34:56PM +0000, Norman Silverstone wrote:
> All that I have done so far is to click on the URL given. This then
> starts the video. Perhaps there is another way to open the video, I must
> investigate.

Yes, that's as I suspected you might.

Over the weekend I'll put a web frontend in front of it. That way you could right click
the video in your browser and choose to save it locally. Once saved you will be able to
view in a media player of your choice, which will have pause function.

Alternatively if you want to be a bit hardcore you can do this.

Applications --> Accessories --> Terminal.

In the box type

wget <filename>

Where <filename> is the full path to one of the videos. This will download the video to
your local PC home directory. This is of course assuming you're running Ubuntu already :)

Will let you know when there's a web page in front of the videos.

Cheers,
Al.