[ubuntu-uk] New screencast on installing updates

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Nov 9 22:18:55 GMT 2006

Alan Pope wrote:

> Yeah, I am thinking of doing one on installation using the alternate cd rather than the live
> one. Simply because the alternate one has so many more options that people might need whereas
> the live installer is pretty basic and not fun to watch.

I was wondering about this one too, but it could get messy as there are
so many options when installing. I.e., dual boot with Windows;
partitions v LVM, manual v automatic partitioning etc. Maybe there
should be a series going from very simple to advanced!  There is also a
long bit where the packages are being installed and configured that
might need to be edited down a bit. Could be interesting though, and
really useful to newbies and not so newbies.

Regards,
Tony.
E: tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk, H: http://www.man.ac.uk/Tony.Arnold