[ubuntu-uk] NTL Cable installation

Gary Kearley gary at kearley.net
Thu Nov 9 16:18:38 GMT 2006

Hi,

I am moving very soon, into an area which has NTL Cable, now I've never
had Cable before and need to know what I am dealing with.

Would it be possible for someone who has NTL cable to describe, with
pictures if at all possible, the install and kit.

IE I'm going to order the 3 for £30 offer they have, so with the one
cable entering the building, what connections will NTL supply (ie for
telly and phone and Internet, and what do I need to buy to have a
broadband wifi router with Ethernet switch?

Is there anyway to use my current dsl router? (bt voyager 2100) (I doubt
this)

sorry for the basic and silly question, but I just don't know.

Thanks

Gary