[ubuntu-uk] del.icio.us (was: Re: Ubuntu Edgy Disks)

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Nov 7 14:59:51 GMT 2006

Dean Sas wrote:
> [snip]
>
> You can also get a extension which syncs your bookmarks and tags to
> http://del.icio.us so you can access them anywhere. Maybe
> firefox/whatever has a similar extension

del.icio.us is fantastic, but I found the Firefox extension too restrictive.
 It completely replaces the FF bookmark system (tho I suppose suppresses is
a better word, since all your old bookmarks are still there, and disabling
the extension returns the FF system to your browser).  I couldn't create
folders in my Bookmarks Toolbar, something I rely on to save space, and
using tags was a bit too unwieldy, especially after it had imported my 10
years worth of bookmarks and automagically tagged them :)

--
_ __/|  William Anderson      |  Tim: Your cheese game is strong.
\`O_o'  neuro at well dot com | Zane: My cheese game. It's all about the