[ubuntu-uk] Printing CDs on an Epson R200 printer - slight issue

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 17:00:14 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone can help me out with a slight issue I'm having
printing CDs on my Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer.

The printer is detected and prints normally fine.  This isn't a
problem.  The problem is, I can't seem to adjust the page size of the 5
inch CD setting on the Guttenprint driver when printing from Gimp.

When I print a full face CD this leaves a small white border on the
disc.  From what I can see the page size settings need tweaking to print
a few millimetres bigger but I can't for the life of me work it out.

I have tried setting the image size width and height to 335 from the
default of 329 (pixels) but it seems to be the paper size which needs
changing.

I have also tried changing the Stylus-Photo-R200.ppd file in
/etc/cups/ppd by altering the page size from 329 to 335 but it still
picks up these defaults of 329 in Gimp.  Even changing
~/.gimp-2.2/printrc doesn't make a difference.

Can anyone tell me if Gimp uses a different .PPD file to pick its
settings up?

It seems that whatever I do it will default back to the 329 pixels size.

Rob