[ubuntu-uk] top posting row (was Uk Loco team forums)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sun Nov 5 16:36:25 GMT 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 03:39:01PM +0000, Paul Mellors wrote:
> Just because people want it, although not everyone, i'm setting up an
> unnoficial ubuntu-uk forum.

I'd strongly recommend against that. Not because of my opposition to forums - but if we have
them then IMO they should be on the "official" site.

It won't have integration with the official forums so will mean yet *another* username/password
and domain to register on.

> If someone else has done it, the also let me know i'm not wasting my time.

Whilst in many communities I've seen people "just do it" and it work, in this case where there
is plenty of ongoing discussion about the topic and an already standing offer to make a forum on
the official site I would say this is a waste of your time/money.

> The domain will be http://www.planetubuntu.uk

Ooooh no it wont :)

Planet gives confusion too. That's a bad name to use given planet.ubuntu.com and the Ubuntu-uk
planets.

Cheers,
Al.