[ubuntu-uk] Sonic Stage alternative

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 13:34:43 GMT 2006

STONE COLD wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wondering if someone can help!
>
> I have a Sony NWHD3 and to put music on there i have power up windows for
> it! So i thought maybe theres a way around this! so i sat there and thinking
> and thinking....and eventually came up with this idea.....
>
> The player shows up as a removable drive. could i put a linux app like "Juk"
> on there...and save my music on there..mp3's, ogg files etc. ? There is a
> similiar program for windows called " mp3filemanager"....where this program
> is installed on the player and then files just dragged and dropped into it.!
>
> So any ideas people? help!!!!
>
> cheers ears!!!
> javad

I have a Minidisc recorder which uses exactly the same software.  The
only way I managed to get it working was to run VMWare and a basic
installation of Windows XP.  I know this probably isn't much use, thank
Sony for that.  I guess I'm just lucky that I can record stuff to
Minidisc using either my work laptop (running XP Pro) or using the
line/optical in from an external audio source.

Rob