[ubuntu-uk] Team Leader Vote

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sat Nov 4 17:16:35 GMT 2006

Pete Ryland wrote:
> Currently, Nik Butler is doing a fantastic job as our interim leader.
>
> However, in the spirit of democracy, it has been suggested that this
> should be confirmed (or denied) by a vote.
>
> Might I suggest a deadline of tomorrow evening, Sunday the 5th of
> November 2006, at 23:00 BST to nominate and second any other
> contenders[1] so that we can get this over and done with and move on
> with more important things.
>
> In the case that there is more than one candidate, the vote will be
> decided by a simple majority vote system.
>
> Thank you,
> Pete Ryland
>
> [1] Nik Butler has already nominated himself, seconded by Alan Cocks.

I support the aims, although I think that the timescale is too brief
for an elegant activity which should endure.
I was not particularly aware that the *activity* to progress this was
again happening just now.

I take it that the initiating actions did not have a timescale stated
(?) A list or forum timescale will need to be something like a week or
more - people are away, etc etc (or much longer). I would generally
suggest a month from a cold start, but this is not cold.

The voting should happen here, surely, unless the whole activity takes
place elsewhere? For example, I am set up to handle things - here, not
anywhere else. Changes (for me) will take time, I do not have that
just now. Let us keep it simple?
--
alan cocks
Linux registered user #360648