[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Kiosk - powersave issue

Matthew Saunders me3ohm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:48:08 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have built up a kiosk pc using Edgy Eft, and all is working out well
apart form disabling the power save features.  The monitor keeps going
into power save mode.

The only things I have done to customise a default install is to set
gdm to auto-login to my main user,  firefox (with r-kiosk) auto runs,
and unclutter hides the mouse cursor.

I have turned off the screen saver (removed the tick from "Activate
screensaver when computer is idle" from the Screensaver settings) and
set the display sleep time to "Never" in power management.  I have set
the BIOS to not manage the power saving features.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this isn't working?

Thanks

Matthew