[ubuntu-uk] Dirac playback under Ubuntu Edgy

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 21:48:53 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

With the discussion about the BBC and open standards, I noticed someone
mentioned Dirac.  Its been a while since I looked at their pages and I
see there are packages on Edgy for Dirac.  I have installed the packages
and downloaded some sample videos but I can't seem to find anything to
play them.

Does anyone know how I can play Dirac files on Edgy?

The sample videos I downloaded have a .RGB extension (it was originally
gzipped) but they don't appear to play under VLC, kmplayer or Movie Player.

Anyone got any ideas?

Rob