[ubuntu-uk] BBC and open formats??

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:41:57 GMT 2006

On 02/11/06, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
> the sites such as faxyourmp are quite effective. I have often got a
> reply after using them, often from th egovernment department concerned.

Not heard of this before, thanks for the heads up.

> Maybe the tabloids would take an interest?

I doubt it has the level of scandal required for tabloid newspapers.
Tabloids are primarly populist & will not print something which is a
minority interest. Unfortunately that means us. Technology coverage in
tabloids is very limited for the same reasons - most people don't care
(other than fancy gadgets).

Coverage in broadsheets would be a more realistic aim I would think -
especially the left-leaning, media reads such as the Guardian /
Independent.  It might not even be especially difficult on a slow news
day.

Martin