[ubuntu-uk] BBC and open formats??

tim matthews tim at tui.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 12:54:21 GMT 2006

the BBC and open source?

http://support.bbc.co.uk/ogg/

they did have a very nice ogg stream for Radio 4 ... and then they got
rid of it.

however, if the BBC should look more into open source, it depends on us
the users of the BBC to organise ourselves and do something about it.

The open source movement in France managed to get Radio France to at
least think of offering Radio France in something else rather than just
Windows Media.

Then again, Radio France isn't as horribly conservative and arrogant as
the BBC.

tim