[ubuntu-uk] Uk Loco team forums

Kenny Holden kenny at effective-it.co.uk
Thu Nov 2 10:57:40 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I think it would be great to have a ubuntu-uk forum, and I would also be
happy to volunteer my services in forum moderation.

I also agree with Daniel, regarding the use of a proprietry system being
counter productive to the message we are spreading. However, whilst Ubuntu
links to it as its primary function, I think we should follow-suit to
maintain the consistency between ubuntu-uk and ubuntu.
Possibly Jono could comment if this is an issue that has been raised before,
and if there are any plans in the pipeline to migrate away from it. Either
by linking to another forum site from ubuntu.com, moving the forums onto a
ubuntu subdomain (such as forum.ubuntu.com/uk) or by the existing site owner
migrating to a different forum system.

I note that some of the other language forums offered from ubuntu.com are
subdomains of ubuntu.org such as forum.ubuntu.org/cn (china) running phpbb.
Whilst many others are on other domains. Clearly there is some community
inconsistency with regard the forum locations and software.

Thanks, Kenny