[ubuntu-uk] Introduction

Matthew Saunders me3ohm at gmail.com
Wed May 3 14:03:53 BST 2006

Hi,

I'm Matthew from Chelmsford, Essex.  I have been using Linux since 2001 and
run the Chelmsford Linux User Group.  I currently manage around 15
Linux Servers and another 40 other servers, mostly running Windows
Server.  The distro that I use mostly is OpenSuSE 10.1 and SuSE 9.3,
but I want (need) to learn ubuntu better.  I hope to create some Linux
training videos for installing, etc in the very near future (after I
have my degree assignment handed in...) and starting with installing
Ubuntu.  I have used Ubuntu and Debian quite a bit, I just need to
better understand the differences between a Debian based Distro and a
SuSE based Distro, because there are so many suttle differences.  I
really like them both.  I am trying to spread the Ubuntu word via the LUG.

Kind Regards

Matthew Saunders

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MatthewSaunders
http://chelmer.lug.org.uk