[ubuntu-uk] Introducing list members Was: Re: Functions of this list

Mason, Glenn Glenn.Mason at rbs.co.uk
Tue May 2 17:53:43 BST 2006

> Introducing ourselves is a nice idea.

Hi everyone,

I only subscribed to this list on the weekend, after signing up to Launchpad
signing the Ubuntu Code of Conduct (now I'm an Ubuntero, yippee!).  I'm not
yet doing much for Ubuntu, apart from demonstrating it to friends and
colleagues and handing out CDs, but I'm learning Python and PyGTK+ so may be
able to contribute to one of the many Ubuntu apps written in that language.
I could probably also get involved in documentation (wrote a lot of entries
in the LinuxQuestions.org wiki some time ago).  I'm from Australia but have
been living in Edinburgh since July last year, and run Dapper beta on a
Toshiba Satellite laptop.

I'm also signed up to the Edinburgh Linux Users Group "EdLUG" mailing list,
and think that the Ubuntu UK group would benefit from establishing close
ties with the regional LUGs (if they don't already have them!); EdLUG
specifically organises install days and talks, and generally provides Ubuntu
to new users for it's ease-of-use.

Finally, I'm one of the moderators of the GNOME mailing lists, the human
spam-filters that keep an eye on the queues of email that is marked as
potentially dubious for one reason or another.  I'd like to get more
involved in promoting Ubuntu (and GNOME) over here!  (Back home I tried to
organise an Open Source Meetup "OSMU" social group, with varying degrees of
success on any particular night.)

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.