[ubuntu-uk] Flash at Myspace.com

stude.list+ubuntuuk at googlemail.com stude.list+ubuntuuk at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 18 00:30:15 BST 2006

On 18/06/06, Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> Ho, and indeed, hum. Have to use my iBook spose.

Or you could:
1. Stop using MySpace.
2. Write to the site and complain about their use of Flash.
If they are showing a video then there really is NO need for flash.
Can't you embed video directly in HTML anyway, isn't it what the
object tag does?
Though I did once try using the object tag with audio, it played the
audio in FireFox, but offered no way of controlling it.
I don't see why sites can't just have a link to the video file instead
of using a program they wrote in between. Isn't flash going to eat
more CPU, isn't it interpreted not compiled? Media is one of the areas
where CPU speed is still a factor.

If more people complained sites wouldn't do things like this.
It would also be useful if video could be embeded in a HTML page and
the browser could do what is needed with it (i.e. display it inline
with controls or pass it to an external application).