[ubuntu-uk] Hi

Alan Helmore-Simpson alanhs at ingeniouscorp.com
Wed Jun 14 18:52:40 BST 2006

> I wonder how important it is to have a Welsh version of Edubuntu.
> Perhaps it could be a useful exercise to involve students of the Welsh
> language, especially those in  bilingual schools, to take an active part
> in producing the translations. I would expect such a translation to
> require a detailed knowledge of the necessary technical language and
> perhaps there could be support via the Welsh Assembly. There is a Welsh
> dictionary available which can be used with Open Office and the
> instructions to download and install it, via the wizard, are in Welsh.

I have some experience of doing low budget software translations and have
found that it is perfectly possible to use 'non-techie' translators, you
just need to have a 'techie' to explain the *meaning* of the text to be
translated, rather than relying on the translator to interpret the actual
words.

I like the Welsh Assembly idea too.

Is Windows capable of speaking Welsh ?

BTW; Hello, new to the list - I have been watching for sometime, but this is
the first time I have had anything to say ;-)

Alan