[ubuntu-uk] Hi

Norman Silverstone norman at littletank.org
Wed Jun 14 16:36:50 BST 2006

> > Absolutely. Any Welsh speakers on this list that want to get involved in
> > translation? The Rosetta group only seems to have one member:
> > https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-l10n-cy
>
> Here here!  Sadly my Welsh is very much at beginner level.  One of my
> best friends is Welsh-first-language speaking, but she doesn't share
> my computer obsession.  I'll keep an eye out for anyone I can drag
> into it though :-P

I wonder how important it is to have a Welsh version of Edubuntu.
Perhaps it could be a useful exercise to involve students of the Welsh
language, especially those in  bilingual schools, to take an active part
in producing the translations. I would expect such a translation to
require a detailed knowledge of the necessary technical language and
perhaps there could be support via the Welsh Assembly. There is a Welsh
dictionary available which can be used with Open Office and the
instructions to download and install it, via the wizard, are in Welsh.

Norman