[ubuntu-uk] Re: Default Mail and Browser Apps

Gordon Burgess-Parker gordon.burgessparker at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 13 07:10:54 BST 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 00:13, Dion Le Blanc wrote:
> Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> > It appears that Kubuntu 6.06 has made no advance on 5.10 - mailto links
> > in Web pages only appear to work if Konqueror and Kmail are selected as
> > defaults - so WHY the option to specify other browsers and mail clients
> > as default? can someone pass this on to the Kubuntu team as a serious
> > deficiency?
>
>    Rubbish....firefox and kmail work fine for me.

I'm sorry, it's NOT rubbish. there is a post in a newsgroup about it as well.
If i select Firefox and Thunderbird, or Firefox and Kmail as defaults, then
Mailto links DO NOT WORK. If I select KMail and Konqueror as default then
Mailto links DO work. A BUG or a deficiency. Just as in Ubuntu, you CANNOT
change the "right-click, send to" mail client from Evolution.