[ubuntu-uk] Interested party...

Steve Smith steve.lists at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 4 18:13:37 BST 2006

Hi both!

Sounds like a great start to me.  I find that for those people who don't
want to/don't feel able to  make the leap to Ubuntu, Windows Free/Open
Source is a good way to get them involved and let them see the benefits of
FOSS for themselves!  Take a look at theopencd.org - maybe you're able to
burn your own discs to put next to the Ubuntu ones.  Would there be any way
your schools could be persuaded to install software from it on your Windows
networks?  Then it'd be really easy for people to try it to see if they like
it without disrupting existing software.

Have you heard about Software Freedom Day (
http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/)?

Edubuntu is aimed at all school age ranges.

Steve