[ubuntu-uk] uploading files ftp

James Dalley j.dalley at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Dec 31 14:17:44 GMT 2006

> > This is the 1st time I have used the ftp Daemon/server to transfer data, I > am using it before I attempt other safer protocols such as sftp.> > Could you tell me what command I would have to issue when using the "put" > command to upload files to the ftp daemon/server from the win xp client. > This is my guess please recorrect:> > put <arbitrary file> chmod 777>
You need todo one command at a time I think.... (correct me if i'm wrong.)
i would use 'put' then change the permissions with chmod 777 <filename> when
 its been uploaded, though I would change it to 755 so only I had write permissions.
plus its best to specify exact file locations as well as their names..

Hope this is of some help..

James