[ubuntu-uk] Fwd: Fwd: ADSL problem

Tristan Wibberley tristan at wibberley.org
Thu Dec 28 00:39:17 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 00:18 +0000, Dave Briggs wrote:
> Only now it said it was installing some updates, and nothing is
> working (menus etc) except for this FireFox window... should I be
> worried?

Hm, odd. I'd suggest waiting until the updates seem to have finished
installing (ie, disk becomes quiescent) then press Ctl-Alt-Backspace
(should restart the GUI with prejudice).

Note that next time you reboot, the resolv.conf file could be reset.
Please set up the ISPs nameservers again and post back here if that
happens. Also, I suggest reporting this GUI problem at launchpad.net if
you can figure out how.

--
Tristan

Any opinion expressed is mine (or else I'm playing devils advocate for
the sake of a good argument). My employer had nothing to do with this
communication.