[ubuntu-uk] value of /var/cache/apt/archives ?

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Thu Dec 21 18:53:11 GMT 2006

alan c wrote:
> Neil Greenwood wrote:

>>> thanks I will change direction slightly
>>
>> There's a project called APTonCD, that does exactly what you want.
>> Try looking at http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2006/11/aptoncd-create-backup-of-all-packages.html
>> for an introduction.
>>
>> I haven't used the project, just spotted it and stored a link...
>
> Well spotted, Thanks!

It certainly seems to work for ubuntu and kubuntu dapper. I had to
ensure that both make and gcc were previously installed.

Aptoncd appeared automagically in ubuntu menu, but in kubuntu I had to
edit the kmenu manually.

A CD image is created easily and quickly.

I am not totally convinced that the cd images created are equivalent
to the updates which happen up to that date, and would like to somehow
confirm this or test it somehow.

As I learn more about apt update I guess I will be able to make a
better assessment.

It certainly seems like the app I am looking for.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391