[ubuntu-uk] upgrade

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Dec 18 10:41:50 GMT 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 08:55:50AM +0000, Tony Arnold wrote:
> Matthew,

> Maybe I should be brave and get her to do this, however, you need to
> bear in mind that a few months ago she was just learning how to use a mouse!

I personally wouldn't. I wouldn't want the other person to get a negative image of Ubuntu. Users
shouldn't have to use the command line unless absolutely necessary, and having them type obscure
commands in a terminal doesn't look particularly nice. IMO.

As I said, I wouldn't upgrade at all if I were you. Dapper works. As the adage goes "If it ain't
broke, don't fix it".

Cheers,
Al.