[ubuntu-uk] upgrade

James Tait james.tait at wyrddreams.org
Wed Dec 13 16:25:16 GMT 2006

Alan Pope wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 02:48:58PM +0000, James Tait wrote:
>> Caroline Ford wrote:
>>> No - there is a specific upgrade procedure.
>> I believe the "official" is:
>>
>> $ gksudo "update-manager -c -d"
>>

> Er, doesn't the -d mean "upgrade to the development version" ? i.e. Feisty.

Ah yes, apparently so.  I still have the command on my whiteboard in
front of me though, so it was definitely that one I used. :)

>> It certainly worked for me.
>>

> Did you do that before Edgy was released, or after it was released but before Feisty started or
> after Feisty?

This would have been on the day of Edgy's release, as soon as it became
available in the GB archive.

JT
James Tait, BSc                        |    xmpp:jayteeuk at wyrddreams.org
Programmer and Free Software advocate  |      Mobile: +44 (0)7779 337596