[ubuntu-uk] And now my MP reply...

Toby Smithe toby.smithe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 09:21:13 GMT 2006

And now mine has. It's a kind of mixed blessing; but I received it by
post! [Typos left in] :

Dear Toby,

Thank you for your email of 23rd November regarding your support for
free and open source software.

I was not aware of the Early Day motion, Software in Schools, and am
grateful to for brining this to my attention.

However, as I have recently been appointed to the front bench, as Shadow
Minister for Charities, I am only able to sign EDMs that are official
party policy. For that reason, whilst I do understand your wish to see
the availability of free software improved, I am unable to sign the EDM
to which you refer.

I would, however, be pleased to raise this issue with the Government on
your behalf, and have written to the relevant Minister who, in this
case, is Jim Knight MP, the Minister of State for Schools, and I will
write to you again as soon as I receive a reply.

With kind regard,

Greg Clark MP