[ubuntu-uk] Sound woes - Dapper

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Tue Aug 15 09:55:06 BST 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Sean Miller wrote:

Hello Sean,

> Any ideas what I need to do to get my sound back. or do I just have to
> get used to the sound of silence?

What one normally does in this case is to file a bug report:  ;-)

  https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/gnome-media/+filebug

so that the appropriate people can debug it with you.  It's best to do this
as soon-as-possible after you notice a change in behaviour so that the
maintainer can match it up to anything they might have changed at the same
point.

Can you also include what type of laptop/desktop this is as there are
various workarounds performed for different models to correct hardware or
BIOS bugs.

	-Paul
--
High on a tall bridge, surrounded by noisy lorries.  Southampton, GB