[ubuntu-uk] ive changed my distro to gentoo and now every thing is allright

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Sat Apr 29 13:18:55 BST 2006

On 28 Apr 2006, at 20:49, Paul Sladen wrote:

>  if you know what fixed it for you it would be really good to
> get those changes into the Ubuntu release aswell so that the
> information can
> flow back and forth between distributions ("All Linux is good GNU/
> Linux!").

I also have a problem with Dapper, it being that it doesn't boot. At
all. The only fix I can do is to do

mkinitrd blah blah blah

I presume it's a fault with udev, but I can't source the bug. I've
appended my info to a current bug, but no-one appears to have any
answers :S

I'd be willing to leave my machine with a kernel geek for a while,
but I don't know of any Ubuntu hackers in my area.

It's annoying, because I really do want to help, but I just don't
have the expertise to fix it :S

All I know is that mkinitramfs doesn't work, mkinitrd does, and the
only difference between the two is one is for udev, one is for devfs.
And that irritates me, as my system works beautifully without this
issue.

Rargh.

Matt Walster