[ubuntu-uk] DVD-RAM Drive shows as CD-ROM drive

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Mon Oct 17 17:56:06 CDT 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Shelley & Oren wrote:

Hello Oren,

> One thing I noticed was that Ubuntu showed my DVD-RAM drive (LG GSA-4160B)
> as a CD-ROM drive.

Logically, a DVD drive is just a very big CD.  And the same goes for a DVD
burner---effectively a very large CD burner.

However, if this has made you jump, it's called a Bug!  Please could you
file it at:

  http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com/

and then hopefully it can be fixed in the next version in 6 months time!

Many Thanks,

	-Paul
--
The autumn is bright and misty here.  Helsinki, FI