[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu CDs (was 5.04)

Sean Miller sean at seanmiller.net
Fri Oct 14 02:41:50 CDT 2005

Caparo wrote:

>How about getting them out to the public via Freecycle London

Not particularly the 5.04 CDs but has Canonical considered leaving piles
of CDs at places like Cybercafes (with permission, of course)?

I noticed at the recent LinuxWorld fair many of the stands had Hoary CD
sets on them and were giving them away.  Now that it seems that Breezy's
installation process is more intuitive to the "man in the street" is it
not pretty much ready to send out there?

Also, the new OEM functionality... is Canonical planning to do any deals
with manufacturers to produce "Ubuntu in a box" ? I would love to supply
machines pre-installed with Ubuntu (once I get my IT Services business
up and running) but doubt I'd have the "buying power" to secure prices
for the hardware to make the end product attractive to the average
Windows user who can now get machines for virtually nothing in the High
Street.

Sean