[ubuntu-uk] mplayer

Nick Mcmahon boredklink at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 11:07:04 CDT 2005

Hi Baza,
         i also am usuing 5.10 and some media files do not work for me,
i have followed the advice from ubuntuguide but still some arn't
displayed properly, a semi-solution i have found is to right click 'save
link as' and view from the desktop or head directly to the media file
(ie http://www.foo.com/foo.wmv) stop firefox, and save the file like
that i mostly get problems with: .Mov - they play for less than a second
then the plugin greys out, .WMA - they dont play at all (which is
understandable as w32codecs are no longer in the repo i dont think) and
when downloaded i usually only get audio. ill keep a closer eye on what
happens if you post a link to the bug you file i might be able to add to
it and help them out.
Although i had the problem in 5.04 too

Nick McMahon