Sarangan Thuraisingham sarangan.thuraisingham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:11:39 CST 2005

brian wrote:

> Thanks for the reply: here's what I get -
>

> brian at thefergies:~$ sudo ifup wlan0
> Password:
> ifup: interface wlan0 already configured
Did you try bringing it down first with 'ifdown wlan0', then bring it up
with 'ifup wlan0'?

> brian at thefergies:~$ iwlist wlan0 scanning
> wlan0     No scan results
> brian at thefergies:~$ iwlist wlan0 scanning
> wlan0     No scan results
This could be becos ndiswrapper driver doesn't support scanning(may be).
  'scanning' is one of the options of iwlist command. There are others,
refer to man page for more info.

According to this page:
your FD6020 should Just Work(TM) with atmel_cs drivers

Also what is your wireless card's details? Use this command to find out
'cardinfo'. Is it listed in this page:
   http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/SUPPORTED.CARDS
But I think, that page may be outdated. My F5D6020 ver.2 it works fine.

You could try this also:
   http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/9758

> brian at thefergies:~$ iwconfig
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
> sit0      no wireless extensions.
>
> wlan0     IEEE 802.11b  ESSID:off/any
>           Mode:Auto  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: 00:00:00:00:00:00
>           Bit Rate:11 Mb/s   Tx-Power:20 dBm   Sensitivity=0/3
>           RTS thr:2432 B   Fragment thr:2432 B
>           Power Management:off
>           Link Quality:100/100  Signal level:-66 dBm  Noise level:-256 dBm
>           Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
>           Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
Hmm, may be you should try comment out all the wireless-* options except
wireless-essid.

--
Regards,
  - Saru