[ubuntu-uk] Introduction and question

Geoffrey Ready geoffrey at eastbelfast.com
Fri Jul 8 04:01:54 CDT 2005

Hi

I've just joined this list and thought I'd introduce myself.

I manage a not-for-profit social economy business operating in Belfast, Northern Ireland. We work mainly with charities and not-for-profits to help them with their ICT and other systems, doing network design, installation and support, web development, etc. A lot of our work involves Open Source software and Linux, and we have recently become big fans of ubuntu OS and its values and ethos (which are much like our own).

My question involves whether this group is the right place for people from Northern Ireland to be. It's called "ubuntu-UK" but the website (HYPERLINK http://www.ubuntu-uk.org/ http://www.ubuntu-uk.org/) refers to "Ubuntu and Kubuntu in Britain". Without getting into the politics of the matter, should we be setting up a separate Ireland or Northern Ireland group?

Regards
Geoffrey

---
Avec Solutions