[ubuntu-uk] Sound is not working (CS4235)

Jörgen Lindroos lindroosj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 05:29:40 CDT 2005

Hello everybody.

The sound is not working by default in my ubuntu hoary 5.05. I have
Cirrus logic cs4235 but it chose via82xx instead. But I have tried to
get the sound to work manually by removing everything from my modules
list, and then follow the alsa instructions using cs4235 (on their
webpage). But it still doesn't work. I haven't restarted or anything
but there is no sound after modprobing all the stuff.

I don't expect a final solution on this. I have tried different forums
now, but I doesn't get any helpful response. But I would like some
hints how to continue on this. How would you do it?

Regards
/J Lindroos