Ubuntu-tz Hello, yet another screenshot

donald donaldmteka at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 22 10:09:11 GMT 2010

Thanks Mr. Max for views.

All ur views are very correct, especially about hosting the source code somewhere  and the use mysql or posgre etc.
 Hosting the source code  for everyone to access it is the spirit of  open source and it has to be that way!
 Of course, storing members information has to be managed by some database software but this project does'nt force you into using one because it will leave room for those  who want to implement some other custom data management system, as long as the protocols are well understood.
 My motivation into taking these strides are the facts that open source can do so much to us and we can benefit more if we take part into it by not only getting skills good enough to use open source software, but also to prepare ourselves to be able to provide solutions for almost anything we want, and be able to make it do exactly what and how we want it. These are reasons we want and like open source.
 Implementation is in C ( using gtk for handling  keyboard and mouse grabs) and java for the most of other issues. (Could have used java alone, but grabs in swing oops... !, may be jni->C).

About progress,  only the application to make it transparent from other systems is left (implementation is easy, I deferred it because I need to take deep considerations about security implications, not introducing security breaches!!!!!!). But the current one can work on a stand alone system, and for a local network, controlling access to another computer  from a central main system should impose no risk.

The initial release can should have all the features we want(as long as we can implement then, and leave others which need further study to wait). So for first release it should safe it have all the features mentioned, except that it should accept requests only within a local network.

 The next thing I thought would be getting the project into CVS repository or github for everyone to participate, currently I was doing all these for self study. But that is where we are going!! After getting the essential skills in programming, I want to be able to work with these established systems and debian package management system for packaging software into packages.
 Have got a bunch of documentations in my hard disk for all the guides to these systems..!!!!
Best regards.