Ubuntu-tz Hello, yet another screenshot

guy picton phillipps gpictonphillipps at wcs.org
Wed Jan 20 16:12:06 GMT 2010

Hi Donald & list

This looks very cool - and the splash screen also. One angle that may
work to encourage internet cafes to adopt Ubuntu is the virus free
benefits of using it. This has had a lot of appeal with people in my
office and seems to be a really important feature. I suppose it also
depends how seriously internet cafes take the virus issue and how much
work/money it costs them. I will try and drop into a couple of places in
Mbeya to see whether the administrators would be interested.

A further cool aspect of Ubuntu for them would be the ability to boot
from a usb drive - so the os could be flashed after each user or at the
end of each day = 100% uptime for the computers running there. In
addition to faster speed on slower pcs - I'm sure this list could go on
indefinitely, and maybe worth having a part of the ubuntu tz website for
cafe owners who are interested in Ubuntu which highlights all of these
advantages and also points them in the right direction for how to obtain
and set up Ubuntu.

Guy

<http://www.wcs.org>