Ubuntu-tz Hello ubuntu community in tanzania..

Atanas Cosmas Nkelame nkelame at udsm.ac.tz
Wed Aug 5 13:13:53 BST 2009

Some of us (Myself Atanas Cosmas and Frank) are at the University
Computing Centre (UCC), where TAFOSSA is also hosted.

At UCC we also have the Free Software Innovation Unit (FSIU)  where Ubuntu
is the official development environment.

More and more people at UCC (mostly non techies) are turning to Ubuntu.

TAFOSSA, with the assistance of UCC, has also been distributing Ubuntu CD
(since last year). Initially UCC provided 1000 blank CDs for the 'TAFOSSA
Knowledge Sharing Programme'.

If any one needs an Ubuntu CD, he/she comes at UCC and register at the
reception and can later on pick the CD.

We can meet and discuss more.

Currently Iam trying to put up some ideas for a National Open Technology
Conference (through TAFOSSA and othe partners). I will then seek your
ideas.
It should be held at least once every year to promote and encourage
innovation and knowledge sharing.

It can start small.

-->Issues to cover will include:

-->Free Software (for all computing platforms)
-->Open Source Software (for all computing platforms)
-->Free/Open Content (for all computing platforms)
-->Free/Open Source Hardware (for all computing platforms)

Atanas